Surrey With The Fringe On Top
This photo from historian Rodney Laughton's collection is believed to be taken circa 1900's well before transportation to the beach was by car.
The cottage on the left was damaged by fire and when reconstructed had a pitched roof instead of the gambrel shown in the photo.
On the right is a bit of a carriage house that was attached to The Breakers. Rodney Laughton's father tore it down for the parking lot in 1964.
Not going to happen!!